- Human positions refer to the different physical configurations that the human body can take.There are several synonyms that refer to human positioning, often used interchangeably, but having specific nuances of meaning.
* Position is a general term for a configuration of the human body.
* Posture means an intentionally or habitually assumed position.
* Pose implies an artistic, aesthetic, athletic, or spiritual intention of the position.
* Attitude refers to postures assumed for purpose of imitation, intentional or not, as well as in some standard collocations in reference to some distinguished types of posture: "Freud never assumed a fencer's attitude, yet almost all took him for a swordsman."
* Bearing refers to the manner of the posture, as well as of gestures and other aspects of the conduct taking place. (en)