- Choolaimedu is a large residential and commercial locality in Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. It borders Kodambakkam, Vadapalani, , Aminjikarai, and Nungambakkam. Previously a part of Puliyur village, Kodambakkam, Choolaimedu has now become a hub for commercial interests and connects two of the busiest routes in Chennai, namely Arcot Road and Nelson Manickam Road. Both Nungambakkam and Kodambakkam railway stations lie closest to Choolaimedu and Arumbakkam metro rail station also. Choolaimedu is closer to institutions likeLoyola College,, Meenakshi Engineering College and Panimalar Polytechnic. Choolaimedu is undergoing expansive development with new super malls from AMPAA Constructions. Owing to its proximity to transport facilities and the commercial hub of Chennai - T. Nagar, there are a number of mansions and hostels providing paid accommodation to employed men and women in the area.Nelson Manickam Road bus line connects buses from the eastern suburbs of Chennai to the south and the west of Chennai. The Nungambakkam railway station is a bustling transit point with heavy commuter traffic.With the development of the city, road traffic has gradually become a menace for pedestrians who commute in thousands every day. Eateries and supermarkets of good quality are sprouting up to meet consumer demands that include Spencer's Daily on Nelson Manickam Road, Sandwitch Shop at Choolaimedu hHigh Road opposite Jai Gopal Garodia School, Nilgiris on Choolaimedu High Road (near Zackariah Colony), Reliance at Abdullah Street and Hanifa Departmental Store and MORE supermarket on Choolaimedu High Road.The Anna Nedum Pathai (also called Anna High Road) Market is a busy market round the clock which houses all the daily needs like vegetables, fruits, groceries, etc. There are numerous temples, churches and mosques for the residents in the locality, notable churches being Maranatha Church, Christ Church, C.S.I. Church and Ascension Church, temples being Gangai Amman Kovil and Shiva Vishnu Kovil, and mosques being Kodambakkam Mosque, HGWC Choolaimedu Islamic Centre situated in Abdullah Street, Choolaimedu Mosque and Sowrashtra Nagar 10th Street Mosque in Choolaimedu.The Nungambakkam Railway subway was one of the few 4-lane railway subways in Chennai at the time it was opened in the early 1980s. The sprawling and busy Chitra Avenue residential and commercial complexes near Nungambakkam railway station, was once a silent staff quarters of the Loyola College. Mini bus services are also available in choolaimedu through Anna Nedum Pathai, Vanniar Street and Choolaimedu High Road. The services were called M5 and M6 originating from a vacant plot opposite Sowrashtra Nagar 1st Street, which now houses a Chennai corporation community center.
* Notable Schools: T T A Matric, DAV School, Government Boys School, Jaigopal Garodia Government Girls Higher Sec School, L M Dadha Senior Secondary School, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ponnammal Vidyalaya. Notable companies like HDFC and HCL have their BPO centres here. Notable financial institutions are Axis Bank, CC Bank, Muthoot Finance, IOB Bank, etc. There are more than 10 ATM'S in Choolaimedu High Road alone including KVB, HDFC, ICICI, INDIAN BANK, IOB, BOB, CANARA, AXIS, SBI, UBI etc. More than 16 dress stores are located in Choolaimedu High Road alone including Diya Fancy Wear, Siddhi Vishal, City Garments, Being Human, etc. Footwear shops including Baba Shoe Centre, Zam Zam Footwear, New Footwear, etc.
* Cinema: "PVR Cinemas" at SKYWALK - AMPA Mall, Nelson Manickam Road.
* Gill Nagar Park is located
* There is a park maintained by Chennai Corporation near Nungambakkam Railway Station.
* Choolaimedu Branch Government library and a private library are also located in Choolaimedu High Road.
* Hospitals and Clinics: Amma Hospital, Muthukumaran Eye Hospital and various clinics for General, Dental, Skin, Cardiology, Homeopathy, Gynaecology and Eye clinics are all located in Choolaimedu High Road itself. (en)
- Choolaimedu is a large residential and commercial locality in Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. It borders Kodambakkam, Vadapalani, , Aminjikarai, and Nungambakkam. Previously a part of Puliyur village, Kodambakkam, Choolaimedu has now become a hub for commercial interests and connects two of the busiest routes in Chennai, namely Arcot Road and Nelson Manickam Road. The sprawling and busy Chitra Avenue residential and commercial complexes near Nungambakkam railway station, was once a silent staff quarters of the Loyola College. Notable companies like HDFC and HCL have their BPO centres here. (en)