An epileptic seizure (colloquially a fit) is a brief episode of signs or symptoms due to abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain. The outward effect can vary from uncontrolled jerking movement (tonic-clonic seizure) to as subtle as a momentary loss of awareness (absence seizure). Diseases of the brain characterized by an enduring predisposition to generate epileptic seizures are collectively called epilepsy.

Property Value
dbo:abstract
  • An epileptic seizure (colloquially a fit) is a brief episode of signs or symptoms due to abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain. The outward effect can vary from uncontrolled jerking movement (tonic-clonic seizure) to as subtle as a momentary loss of awareness (absence seizure). Diseases of the brain characterized by an enduring predisposition to generate epileptic seizures are collectively called epilepsy. Seizures can also occur in people who do not have epilepsy for various reasons including brain trauma, drug use, elevated body temperature, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels) and hypoxia (low levels of oxygen to the brain). Additionally, there are a number of conditions that look like epileptic seizures but are not. A first seizure generally does not require long term treatment with anti-seizure medications unless there is a specific problem on either electroencephalogram or brain imaging. 5–10% of people who live to 80 years old have at least one epileptic seizure and the chance of experiencing a second seizure is between 40% and 50%. About 50% of patients with an unprovoked apparent "first seizure" have had other minor seizures, so their diagnosis is epilepsy. Epilepsy affects about 1% of the population currently and affected about 4% of the population at some point in time. Most of those affected—nearly 80%—live in developing countries. (en)
  • نوبة الصرع (بالإنجليزية: Epileptic seizure أو fit) وتختصر أحيانا بكلمة نوبة هي فترة من علامات أو أعراض غير طبيعية نتيجة لنشاط الخلايا العصبية المفرط أو متزامن في الدماغ. تأثير النوبات يختلف من اختضاض غير مسيطر عليه كما في النوبة التوترية الرمعية إلى فترة خفيفة من فقدان وعي لحظي كما في حالة النوبة الصرعية المصحوبة بغيبة. إن مرض الدماغ الذي يمتاز باستعداد دائم لتوليد نوبات الصرع يسمى بالصرع. يصاب حوالي 5-10% من الذين يعيشون حتى سن الثمانين بنوبة صرع واحدة على الأقل في حياتهم. أما احتمال الإصابة بنوبة صرع ثانية يرتفع ما بين 40-50%. حوالي 50% من المرضى الذين لا يعانون من نوبة أولى قد يكونوا قد عانوا من نوبات ثانوية، لذلك يمكن تشخيص إصابتهم بالصرع. حاليا هنالك 1% من الناس مصابون بالصرع، لكنه يصيب 4% من الناس في فترة ما من حياتهم. كما أن 80% من المصابين بالصرع يعيشون في الدول النامية. (ar)
  • Ein Krampfanfall ist zumeist ein epileptischer Anfall, ein Gelegenheitsanfall ohne Epilepsie, ein dissoziativer Krampfanfall oder ein Symptom anderer Erkrankungen (Hypoglykämie oder andere schwere Stoffwechselstörung, schwerer Sauerstoffmangel) oder einer Vergiftung. Beim Krampfanfall treten häufig tonische oder/und klonische Krämpfe auf. Auch „atonische Krampfanfälle“ mit einem plötzlichen Verlust der Muskelspannung sind möglich.. Der Begriff wird in der Literatur auch bei „psychogenen Krampfanfällen“ oder zur Beschreibung von Krämpfen im Rahmen einer Tetanus-Erkrankung verwendet. Gelegentlich werden auch plötzlich auftretende Muskelkrämpfe als Krampfanfall bezeichnet. (de)
  • Een insult, ook wel toeval of aanval genoemd, is een abnormale (gesynchroniseerde) ontlading van zenuwcellen (neuronen) in de hersenen ten gevolge van een epileptische of niet-epileptische oorzaak. Insulten zijn zeer variabel in hun uiting; tonisch-clonische convulsies, de dagdroom-achtige absences of het subjectieve gevoel van een aura zijn stuk voor stuk uitingsvormen van een insult. Herhaaldelijke, spontane insulten kunnen een uiting zijn van epilepsie, maar niet-epileptische oorzaken van insulten komen ook veel voor. Daarnaast zijn er ook aandoeningen die op een insult lijken, maar het niet zijn, zoals een syncope. (nl)
  • Napad padaczkowy – skutek gwałtownych wyładowań bioelektrycznych grupy komórek nerwowych, które aktywują określone układy strukturalno-czynnościowe mózgu, czego objawem jest zaburzenie ich czynności. Napad padaczkowy może przyjmować różne formy u różnych ludzi – od tzw. małych napadów (petit mal), polegających na krótkim zaniku świadomości (np. nieruchome wpatrywanie się w jeden punkt), aż po napady grand mal, czyli tzw. duże (np. toniczno-kloniczne), w czasie których często występuje utrata przytomności, drgawki, ślinotok, szczękościsk, czasem szybkie ruchy gałek ocznych (podobnie jak w fazie snu REM – rapid eye movement) czy chwilowy bezdech. Jeśli napad padaczkowy wystąpi podczas wykonywania badania EEG w zapisie elektroencefalograficznym będzie można stwierdzić nieprawidłowe wyładowania (np. tzw. iglic). Możemy wyróżnić wiele rodzajów napadów padaczkowych: (pl)
dbo:icd10
  • G40,P90,R56
dbo:icd9
  • ,
  • 345.9
  • 780.3
dbo:meshId
  • D012640
dbo:thumbnail
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 27154 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 744047669 (xsd:integer)
dbp:caption
  • Generalized 3 Hz spike and wave discharges in EEG
dbp:date
  • September 2015
dbp:diseasesdb
  • 19011 (xsd:integer)
dbp:emedicinesubj
  • neuro
dbp:emedicinetopic
  • 415 (xsd:integer)
dbp:field
dbp:medlineplus
  • 3200 (xsd:integer)
dbp:reason
  • Updated version https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25086250
  • Updated version https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25738821
  • Updated version https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24464793
dct:subject
http://purl.org/linguistics/gold/hypernym
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • Een insult, ook wel toeval of aanval genoemd, is een abnormale (gesynchroniseerde) ontlading van zenuwcellen (neuronen) in de hersenen ten gevolge van een epileptische of niet-epileptische oorzaak. Insulten zijn zeer variabel in hun uiting; tonisch-clonische convulsies, de dagdroom-achtige absences of het subjectieve gevoel van een aura zijn stuk voor stuk uitingsvormen van een insult. Herhaaldelijke, spontane insulten kunnen een uiting zijn van epilepsie, maar niet-epileptische oorzaken van insulten komen ook veel voor. Daarnaast zijn er ook aandoeningen die op een insult lijken, maar het niet zijn, zoals een syncope. (nl)
  • An epileptic seizure (colloquially a fit) is a brief episode of signs or symptoms due to abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain. The outward effect can vary from uncontrolled jerking movement (tonic-clonic seizure) to as subtle as a momentary loss of awareness (absence seizure). Diseases of the brain characterized by an enduring predisposition to generate epileptic seizures are collectively called epilepsy. (en)
  • نوبة الصرع (بالإنجليزية: Epileptic seizure أو fit) وتختصر أحيانا بكلمة نوبة هي فترة من علامات أو أعراض غير طبيعية نتيجة لنشاط الخلايا العصبية المفرط أو متزامن في الدماغ. تأثير النوبات يختلف من اختضاض غير مسيطر عليه كما في النوبة التوترية الرمعية إلى فترة خفيفة من فقدان وعي لحظي كما في حالة النوبة الصرعية المصحوبة بغيبة. إن مرض الدماغ الذي يمتاز باستعداد دائم لتوليد نوبات الصرع يسمى بالصرع. (ar)
  • Ein Krampfanfall ist zumeist ein epileptischer Anfall, ein Gelegenheitsanfall ohne Epilepsie, ein dissoziativer Krampfanfall oder ein Symptom anderer Erkrankungen (Hypoglykämie oder andere schwere Stoffwechselstörung, schwerer Sauerstoffmangel) oder einer Vergiftung. Beim Krampfanfall treten häufig tonische oder/und klonische Krämpfe auf. Auch „atonische Krampfanfälle“ mit einem plötzlichen Verlust der Muskelspannung sind möglich.. (de)
  • Napad padaczkowy – skutek gwałtownych wyładowań bioelektrycznych grupy komórek nerwowych, które aktywują określone układy strukturalno-czynnościowe mózgu, czego objawem jest zaburzenie ich czynności. Napad padaczkowy może przyjmować różne formy u różnych ludzi – od tzw. małych napadów (petit mal), polegających na krótkim zaniku świadomości (np. nieruchome wpatrywanie się w jeden punkt), aż po napady grand mal, czyli tzw. duże (np. toniczno-kloniczne), w czasie których często występuje utrata przytomności, drgawki, ślinotok, szczękościsk, czasem szybkie ruchy gałek ocznych (podobnie jak w fazie snu REM – rapid eye movement) czy chwilowy bezdech. Jeśli napad padaczkowy wystąpi podczas wykonywania badania EEG w zapisie elektroencefalograficznym będzie można stwierdzić nieprawidłowe wyładowani (pl)
rdfs:label
  • Epileptic seizure (en)
  • نوبة (طب) (ar)
  • Krampfanfall (de)
  • Insult (nl)
  • Napad padaczkowy (pl)
rdfs:seeAlso
owl:sameAs
prov:wasDerivedFrom
foaf:depiction
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
foaf:name
  • Epileptic seizure (en)
is dbo:deathCause of
is dbo:wikiPageDisambiguates of
is dbo:wikiPageRedirects of
is foaf:primaryTopic of