ESPN Events (formerly ESPN Regional Television, ESPN Regional, and until 2008, ESPN Plus) is an American college football regional bowl game planning division and formerly a sports programming syndicator that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between the Disney–ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Corporation (which owns the remaining 20%).

Property Value
dbo:abstract
  • ESPN Plus ou ESPN Regional Television est une chaîne et service de syndication américain dépendant du groupe ESPN. La chaine est basée à Charlotte, Caroline du Nord, comme ESPN U la version spécialisée dans le sport universitaire. Comme le reste du réseau ESPN, ESPN Plus appartient à 80 % à la Walt Disney Company et à 20 % à Hearst Corporation. (fr)
  • ESPN Events (formerly ESPN Regional Television, ESPN Regional, and until 2008, ESPN Plus) is an American college football regional bowl game planning division and formerly a sports programming syndicator that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between the Disney–ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Corporation (which owns the remaining 20%). ESPN Events is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, sharing its operations with sister network ESPNU. Prior to its purchase by ESPN, the company was known as Creative Sports, which in turn merged with Don Ohlmeyer's Ohlmeyer Communications Corporation Sports (OCC Sports). The corporation organizes sporting events for broadcast across the ESPN family of networks, including, most prominently, a group of college football bowl games. Most of ESPN's syndicated broadcasts had been previously presented under the on-air name ESPN Plus. However, the brand has since been phased out from its productions in favor of conference brands, such as SEC TV and the Big 12 Network. The unit produced sporting events for syndication on broadcast stations, regional sports networks; these telecasts were also available on the ESPN GamePlan and ESPN Full Court out-of-market sports packages until they were merged and unified into ESPN College Extra in 2015, and from 2007 to 2015, on WatchESPN. It shuttered and closed down operations in 2015 with the loss of its last remaining major college sports conference, The American Athletic Conference to Sinclair Broadcast Group's new TV syndication division, the American Sports Network with the lone exception of the considerably less-profile and small Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. (en)
dbo:fate
  • lost its last major college sports conference in 2015 except for one minor college sports conference (MAAC) and transformed into a sports planning division. (en)
dbo:foundingYear
  • 1996-01-01 (xsd:date)
dbo:genre
dbo:industry
dbo:locationCity
dbo:locationCountry
dbo:owner
dbo:owningCompany
dbo:parentCompany
dbo:service
dbo:thumbnail
dbo:type
dbo:wikiPageExternalLink
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 5668877 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 737337805 (xsd:integer)
dbp:after
dbp:before
dbp:keyPeople
  • Pete Derzis
dbp:logo
  • ESPN wordmark.svg
dbp:predecessor
  • ESPN Plus
  • Creative Sports
  • ESPN Regional Television
  • Ohlmeyer Communications Corporation
dbp:title
  • Syndication Rights Holder to the Big 12 Conference
  • Syndication Rights Holder to the Conference USA
  • Syndication Rights Holder to the Big Ten Conference
  • Syndication Rights Holder to the Southeastern Conference
dbp:years
  • 1996 (xsd:integer)
  • 2009 (xsd:integer)
dct:subject
http://purl.org/linguistics/gold/hypernym
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • ESPN Plus ou ESPN Regional Television est une chaîne et service de syndication américain dépendant du groupe ESPN. La chaine est basée à Charlotte, Caroline du Nord, comme ESPN U la version spécialisée dans le sport universitaire. Comme le reste du réseau ESPN, ESPN Plus appartient à 80 % à la Walt Disney Company et à 20 % à Hearst Corporation. (fr)
  • ESPN Events (formerly ESPN Regional Television, ESPN Regional, and until 2008, ESPN Plus) is an American college football regional bowl game planning division and formerly a sports programming syndicator that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between the Disney–ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Corporation (which owns the remaining 20%). (en)
rdfs:label
  • ESPN Events (en)
  • ESPN Plus (fr)
owl:sameAs
prov:wasDerivedFrom
foaf:depiction
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
foaf:name
  • ESPN Events (en)
is dbo:wikiPageRedirects of
is dbp:tv of
is dbp:tvstation of
is foaf:primaryTopic of