The Daily Bread Food Bank (DBFB) is a non-denominational Canadian charity organisation that strives to end hunger in urban communities. The organisation is based in Toronto, Ontario, and feeds thousands of low-income people a year. They also provide valuable resources to the same demographic in order to find them financial assistance and support when needed. The Daily Bread Food Bank is the largest food bank in Canada and was founded in 1983.

Property Value
dbo:abbreviation
  • DBFB
dbo:abstract
  • The Daily Bread Food Bank (DBFB) is a non-denominational Canadian charity organisation that strives to end hunger in urban communities. The organisation is based in Toronto, Ontario, and feeds thousands of low-income people a year. They also provide valuable resources to the same demographic in order to find them financial assistance and support when needed. The Daily Bread Food Bank is the largest food bank in Canada and was founded in 1983. 80% of donations come from big companies, while the remaining 20% comes from the general public. The food bank works mostly on public donations, and donations from food companies, which are especially solicited around Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. (en)
dbo:headquarter
dbo:language
dbo:location
dbo:purpose
  • advocate and public voice, educator and network
dbo:regionServed
dbo:status
  • active
dbo:type
dbo:wikiPageExternalLink
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 20558573 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 713207340 (xsd:integer)
dct:subject
http://purl.org/linguistics/gold/hypernym
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • The Daily Bread Food Bank (DBFB) is a non-denominational Canadian charity organisation that strives to end hunger in urban communities. The organisation is based in Toronto, Ontario, and feeds thousands of low-income people a year. They also provide valuable resources to the same demographic in order to find them financial assistance and support when needed. The Daily Bread Food Bank is the largest food bank in Canada and was founded in 1983. (en)
rdfs:label
  • Daily Bread Food Bank (en)
owl:sameAs
prov:wasDerivedFrom
foaf:homepage
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
foaf:name
  • Daily Bread Food Bank (en)
is foaf:primaryTopic of