Balwin is a residential neighbourhood in north east Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Originally part of North Edmonton, the area was annexed by the City of Edmonton in 1912. According to the 2001 federal census, 6.5% of the residences in the neighbourhood were constructed prior to the end of World War II. However, most of the residential construction (76.5%) were built between 1946 and 1970. One out of every eight (12.4%) were built during the 1980s, and by 1981 residential construction was substantially complete.

Property Value
dbo:PopulatedPlace/areaTotal
  • 1.4
dbo:PopulatedPlace/populationDensity
  • 2759.3
dbo:abstract
  • Balwin is a residential neighbourhood in north east Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Originally part of North Edmonton, the area was annexed by the City of Edmonton in 1912. According to the 2001 federal census, 6.5% of the residences in the neighbourhood were constructed prior to the end of World War II. However, most of the residential construction (76.5%) were built between 1946 and 1970. One out of every eight (12.4%) were built during the 1980s, and by 1981 residential construction was substantially complete. The most common type of residence, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for just under two out of every three (62%) of all residences in the neighbourhood. Another one in four (23%) are rented apartments with most of these in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Approximately one in ten (9%) of residences are duplexes and one in twenty (5%) are row houses. Just under three out of every five (57%) of residences are owner-occupied with the remaining two out of three (43%) being rented. The neighbourhood population is comparatively mobile. According to the 2005 municipal census, almost one in five (18.5%) of residents had moved within the previous 12 months. Another one in five (19.6%) had moved within the previous one to three years. Just under half (47.5%) had lived at the same address for five years or more. The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 132 Avenue, on the south by 127 Avenue and the Yellowhead Corridor, on the west by 82 Street, and on the east by 66 Street. (en)
dbo:areaTotal
  • 1400000.000000 (xsd:double)
dbo:country
dbo:elevation
  • 668.000000 (xsd:double)
dbo:isPartOf
dbo:leaderName
dbo:leaderTitle
  • Councillor (en)
  • Administrative body (en)
dbo:populationDensity
  • 2759.300000 (xsd:double)
dbo:populationTotal
  • 3863 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageExternalLink
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 14065172 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 738679436 (xsd:integer)
dbp:centre
  • Balwin
dbp:coordinatesRegion
  • CA-AB
dbp:east
dbp:latd
  • 53.588000 (xsd:double)
dbp:latns
  • N
dbp:longd
  • 113.455000 (xsd:double)
dbp:longew
  • W
dbp:north
dbp:northeast
dbp:northwest
dbp:populationAsOf
  • 2012 (xsd:integer)
dbp:populationBlank
  • 1761 (xsd:integer)
  • -6.6
dbp:populationBlank1Title
  • Change
dbp:populationBlank2Title
  • Dwellings
dbp:pushpinMap
  • Canada Edmonton
dbp:pushpinMapCaption
  • Location of Balwin in Edmonton
dbp:pushpinMapsize
  • 250 (xsd:integer)
dbp:settlementType
  • Neighbourhood
dbp:south
  • Yellowhead Corridor
dbp:southeast
  • Yellowhead Corridor
dbp:southwest
  • Yellowhead Corridor
dbp:subdivisionName
  • 7 (xsd:integer)
  • NW
dbp:subdivisionType
dbp:west
dct:subject
http://purl.org/linguistics/gold/hypernym
georss:point
  • 53.588 -113.455
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • Balwin is a residential neighbourhood in north east Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Originally part of North Edmonton, the area was annexed by the City of Edmonton in 1912. According to the 2001 federal census, 6.5% of the residences in the neighbourhood were constructed prior to the end of World War II. However, most of the residential construction (76.5%) were built between 1946 and 1970. One out of every eight (12.4%) were built during the 1980s, and by 1981 residential construction was substantially complete. (en)
rdfs:label
  • Balwin, Edmonton (en)
owl:sameAs
geo:geometry
  • POINT(-113.45500183105 53.588001251221)
geo:lat
  • 53.588001 (xsd:float)
geo:long
  • -113.455002 (xsd:float)
prov:wasDerivedFrom
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
foaf:name
  • Balwin (en)
is dbo:wikiPageRedirects of
is dbp:east of
is dbp:south of
is dbp:southeast of
is foaf:primaryTopic of